Parent/Child Empowerment Training Seminar
Many individuals find themselves in a position of discovering that they are not happy with their life’s circumstances, especially their role as a parent. As individuals develop the ability to become self-aware, they may identify habits in their lives that are not in keeping with the image of the type of parent or family member that they would like to be. In fact, many of the things they identify may come as a shock when looked through the lens of a child. These actions are often out of balance with those things they really value in life. This course deals with the tools and ideas that provide parents, would be parents, or single adults the ability to edit their current path so that better decisions are made. They will practice and learn some important principles that give value, meaning, and integrity to what the parental role can accomplish. Children mirror what they see. Empowerment comes when both sides of the relationship feel they have been heard, are appreciated, and loved. By being self-aware, we can examine our deepest values and become proactive in brining harmony between those values and those currently in practice.
The topics discussed include:
- The Definition of Empowerment
- How to identify one’s deepest values
- Over reacting to a child’s negative behavior
- How to understand the reason for your rules
- How to establish conflict resolution techniques
- How to rewrite the script of the type of parent you want to be
- Conquering the unwilling spirit to change
- How to be family centered
- How to influence a child
- Building relationships
- Responsible behaviors
- Understanding ourselves
- How to build a relationship with your child
- How to deal with differences
- What is the power of perception
- What does win-win truly mean
At course completion, a certificate of completion will be provided along with a copy for your records. The certificate can also be sent by email to the party (if applicable) that has required you complete this training seminar.
Tips for Class
- Arrive on time
- Bring your willingness to learn
- Have a positive outlook and be prepared to attend all the sessions
- Bring a pen, something to write on
To register for the seminar please contact:
MediFlex Care at (915) 881-4710
Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*Please have your case number available if applicable. Course fees can be obtained over the phone by calling (915) 881-4710.
Accepted forms of payment include cash, check, credit, or debit card. Payment is due no later than the day of the seminar.
VISIT OUR OFFICE
606 Delhi Dr
Socorro, TX 79927