Coping with Divorce Course
Coping with Divorce is a Four Hour course that helps parents understand their role in helping children adjust to the changes they face in divorce. The loss experienced by both the children and the parents is very stressful. Emotions and feelings are sad and confusing. Understanding the abilities each age group has and does not have can be of great help to the parents. Children can and will experience emotions they themselves may not be able to explain. They may feel uncertain, angry or betrayed by their parents decisions. Proactive parents can help make the process and the effects felt by all less painful.
This class will help parents cope with their children’s feeling about the separation or divorce so that parents can provide a stable attentive home which ensures that the children’s needs are being met. This can be done with reassurance and a positive attitude as well as the appropriate skills to see this process through. Although this is not an easy process, the courses will provide the parent with the skills for effective parenting. The most difficult part for a child is to understand that they are not from a broken home but rather the child is from two homes.
The focus of the class is to shift our parental attention from our needs to the needs of the child and enhancing their ability to function within the new family structure. By learning the tools to improve our parental relationship parents can provide nurturing non-threatening home environments.
The Areas are covered in one session in a class room environment. The classes are face to face and provide the ability for discussion, role playing and exercises that can help parents learn and practice the skills taught. The topics discussed include:
- Your Children’s thoughts on Divorce
- Emotional effects of divorce
- How to improve the child’s ability to function in the new family structure
- How to reduce conflict in the homes
- Positive Discipline
- Understanding how and why your child is reacting this way
- Child Developmental Stages
At course completion, a certificate of completion will be provided to you along with a copy for your records. The certificate can also be sent by email to the party that has required that you complete this training seminar.
Tips for Class:
- Arrive on time as participants cannot be admitted once class begins
- Bring with you your class referral
- Your willingness to learn
- Have a positive outlook and be prepared to attend all the sessions
- Bring a pen, something to write on
- Your Case Number provided by the court if applicable
- Please do not bring your child (children) as the subjects discussed are of an adult nature
To register for the seminar please contact:
MediFlex Care at (915) 881-4710
Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
*Please have your case number available if applicable. Course fees can be obtained over the phone by calling (915) 881-4710.
Accepted forms of payment include cash, check, credit, or debit card. Payment is due no later than the day of the seminar.
VISIT OUR OFFICE
606 Delhi Dr
Socorro, TX 79927